Yamaha U1D Upright Piano For Sale
The U1D has few blemishes as compared to other Yamaha upright models. This is because the casework on the U1D has a lacquer base which ensures that it does not get remodeled to perfection as in the later models. In addition, the pedals on the U1D are originally two but it is possible to get a third pedal fitted. Such an impressive model has numerous benefits.
- The U1D has the crown on its soundboards reinforced with ribs that stay close to the soundboard edge and are glued into the notched liner. As a result, this reinforcement improves the stability of the tone, and the quality of the tone is maintained for many years
- The U1D has a solid spruce soundboard instead of the laminated spruce or popular, which contributes to the amplification of every key stroke, makes the tone and sustain better.
- Each key of the U1D has been individually tested to allow for a uniform down weight pressure. The balance obtained enables the pianist to have superior touch and control across the keyboard.
- The U1D embraces the engineering developed by Yamaha, an Extruded Aluminum Alloy Action Rail that bears a Yamaha patent. This innovation has not only improved piano action but has majorly contributed to its longevity. Periodic weather changes affect the touch in wood rail therefore, this innovation serves to eliminate such fluctuations by allowing stable durable action regulation.
- Just like other Yamaha models, which use Spruce keys instead of the normal sugar pine or basswood, the U1D has Spruce keys, which though light in weight, have a lot of strength. As a result, the keyboards respond quickly, offer fast repetition for more complex pieces of music and can withstand the heavy usage of fortissimo passages.